суббота, 8 октября 2011 г.

Back in USSR, or the season in Russia


Since I left home four years ago my mom had been in a hospital about  ten times with various illnesses.   It was hard to be away and not be there for her.  But Father God had always taken care of her and given me peace. It has been good to reconnect with my family during this furlough.   But reverse culture shock hit me hard when I first came here.  I had been struggling for two months feeling lost and sometimes guilty for not being able to connect to the place and people I had known but been away from. Even the warm summer temperatures were cold for me, people on the bus were rude, fruits were all imported and everybody spoke Russian!  Actually after I switched from full time English and Thai to full time Russian I realized that I myself spoke those other languages much more politely. Oh well, we are not our culture but our culture is  a part of us, eh. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий