вторник, 28 сентября 2010 г.

more Qs and As

So how did I end up in Thailand then?
During that summer in Mongolia I was challenged to find out and pursue the things which would make my broken heart come alive. Those were: travelling and being with abandoned children.  My employer was paying for the one way ticket to my next destination. So I started Googling...

So how did I find the Home?
I found them in the never-ending list of orphanages on the Internet.  I asked God that as I knock at the doors of numerous schools and homes in different countries all over Asia, He would open the very door I needed to go through.  Even the name of Home of Joy came as a promise to me. For during that time  I was feeling homeless and had lost my joy.

What has it been like?

It was hard and fun at the same time.
Sharing my life with the children and adults at the Home  and the kindergarten, as well as living in this culture has been a challenging, beautiful adventure.  The relationships we've developed with the children after many months of rejection and mistrust, the love, joy and fun we share are a true treasure and blessing in my life.


What's the hardest part in this journey?
Goodbyes.........

Did I ever regret leaving home?
Never. Only after I'd left the safe boat of my comfortable life at home did I experience what it's like walking on the water. 

And what is it like?
It's incredible... And the journey is going on!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий