суббота, 25 сентября 2010 г.

Interview of sorts

During the last two weeks I celebrated two personal anniversaries: three years since I left my home in Siberia and two years in Thailand. 

People often ask me what it feels like to have changed one of the coldest climates to one of the hottest. So I thought why not to share some bits of my story here. FAQs about my journey  from Siberia to Thaiand, so to say...

Where did I spend the first year away from home?
- In Ulaanbaatar, the capital city of Mongolia


Why did I decide to go to Mongolia?
-I was looking for an opportunity to step back and sort out my life. The teaching job in a private school came as an answer.


What was Mongolia like?


-It was hard. Wild. And beautiful. UB is an ugly soviet town, to my taste.  It's probably be enough to just say that people pee everywhere, even in the center of the town! 
Chingiz Khan who was a greater conqueror than Alexander the Great is still a national hero, even centuries after the fall of his great empire (blame it all on his kids and the Chinese). 
 
The countryside is breathtaking and is beyond description, with it's amazing blue sky, wild green meadows, two hump camels, eagles, yurts.... Oh, and don't forget the delicious goat's intenstines on a picnic, yum yum!

I got lonely. I was happy. I got heart broken. I learned to appreciate friendship and the Word of God in a new way. And the Lord was always there.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий