пятница, 15 февраля 2013 г.

The rescue (continuation of the previous post)



Tim We called for help with no response from the disappearing snowmobiles. Though we were the only ones on the lake, we knew right away that we were not alone. We both are SURE that God was with us, spared our lives, Galina from more serious injuries, that He has been present and active every moment since. We prayed to, cried to and thanked God our Loving Father over and over that night, from the lake. Then when help incredibly arrived from the Auberge we thanked Him again under the loving and caring hands of the staff. 

Galina  A couple came a few minutes later. I knew that God had sent them so I asked “Who are you?” They said that they were staying on the lake.  “We just got married last week”.  “ Oh wonderful,-- said the lady with a slight French accent.--  We've been married for forty years... it's very good!” We heard a snowmobile approaching from the resort side and I begged for them to make sure it wouldn't hit me. But it was a “good snowmobile” and it brought a toboggan.  I don't quite remember how they put me into it because any movement caused excruciating pain. Tim got in by my side holding my knees that I couldn't straighten.  

The view of the Auberge from the top

The snowmobile gave us a fun ride to the office of the Resort where a lady in short black jacket was waiting for us, she called 911. Her name was Deborah. I just remember thinking that she was very beautiful and had a very soft voice.   People around came into motion.  I was only listening to Tim and Deborah's voices. Someone brought  lots of towels to cushion my knee since Tim had to get out. Four snowmobilers (who were not even supposed to be at work at such a late hour!!) lifted the toboggan ever so gently and brought me inside, into the warmth... Deborah asked me some questions, turned out I still remembered my name and the husband's, if I knew my ABC's and if could count to ten (I remember hesitating if I should ask her what language she wanted me to count in but decided it wasn't a good  time to be smart).

Firefighters arrived first and examined me, one of them was holding my hand and was constantly telling me to “concentrate on respiration”. When ambulance arrived the room was full of big men who were trying to help me, I saw that some of them had tears in their eyes.  My Tim was always at my side talking to me.

I just wished to go blank right there in that toboggan but the ambulance was ready to transfer me into a stretcher. When they moved me again, it felt then my mind exploded...  In the ambulance the lady started cutting my clothes. I couldn't care less, even when the air got filled with dawn feathers from my jacket. I closed my eyes and felt scissors going through each layer of my nice sport clothes Tim had gotten for me so that we could enjoy Canadian winter together... Finally we were in the hospital... They gave me lots of heated sheets and started treating me.  We knew we were safe.

Tim  While in the emergency room, Galina  through tears was thanking God for our lives, forgiving the snowmobile drivers, pouring out her love for Jesus and people on everyone listening and greatly encouraging me, her husband of one week.

We have been immensely blessed that week by the outpouring of loving care from the community in St Hippolyte and St Jerome. We are grateful for all the personal, skillful and loving help the hospital and resort staff have been providing us. We want to acknowledge that we are thankful the Lord for allowing us to experience His love and presence in a way we never have before. After successful surgery on multiple fractures in both her legs, Galina is recovering well. There were no other injuries, and we expect a full recovery, but it will be a while.

We do hope that the snowmobile drivers will be identified for 3 reasons: we want to meet them and tell them personally that we forgive them and that God loves them – Galina expressed this desire in the emergency room; we also want to ensure the safety of others enjoying God’s creation in this community; and we do not want the drivers to live with the weight of guilt. We want the drivers to know, especially if they were young people, that God loves them, we love them and that though all of our decisions have consequences and justice does come, God offers forgiveness and freedom, as do we.

We send our love to all those praying for us – Thanks! For the prayers!

BIG Russian Canadian hugs,
Tim & Galina 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий