пятница, 15 февраля 2013 г.

Snowmobile accident




We have seen God’s power and love at work in our lives this past week more clearly than ever before in our lives. We were married on January 19th in Ottawa. Our wedding was more than what we could wish for, with our dreams come true as we made promises to each other and shared our first kiss. It was so worth waiting for.  We had a blast.  We had waited for each other and our honeymoon was to be very special – we chose to come to a beautiful cabin resort on Lac Morency in Quebec. The resort, area and town were more than we could have asked God for and we were thanking Him and the wonderful staff of the Auberge all week. We didn’t know we would be thanking Our Father God, the Auberge owner Francois and his staff in a much deeper way the next Sunday night!
Tim  That night we crossed the frozen  lake Morency and enjoyed a walk around the town, we stopped for an hour in a quiet church, and bought a few groceries. Then we headed back across the lake to make dinner in our suite. My wife and I truly feel that angels were present that night, and are sure that God was with us...
Lake Morency
Galina ...We were chatting about our plans for the future when we heard a roaring sound behind us. We looked back and saw two snowmobiles coming from the other side of the lake. We stopped. Although there was plenty of space all over the lake we didn't know which way the snowmobiles would go, it was a full moon night and the lights form the resort were not too far making our bright red jackets visible in the dark.... The first snowmobile hit my pole. We looked at the other one hoping he would swirl around... at that moment I realized that it was coming straight at me, its light shining bright into my eyes, the loud roaring getting closer and finally hitting me, the sound and feeling of it stuck with me and still makes me flinch...

Tim found me about 20 feet away, my skies snapped off my ski boots. I opened my eyes at the sound of Tim's voice... My body was on fire and I was afraid that the worst thing had happened – that my back was broken... That's when I felt that I could wiggle my toes... move my shoulders and feel my hips... My legs! They felt like rubber, I felt the pain but I couldn't feel my legs.

Tim called for the snowmobilers to stop but they didn't. We were all alone on the lake, so close to the resort and yet so far.  Tim started calling for help... and praying... I was looking at the clear starry sky, the trees on the shore of the lake, feeling how I had no control over my life, and peace came over me. I was shaking because of the shock and the cold, still fully with it.  I heard Tim say that the help was coming... He was right there, my precious husband of one week who made me feel so loved and special and there he was fighting for me... “Tim I feel I'm going to pass out soon... Don't forget to take my contacts out...”  I so wished that God would let me just pass out to not feel the pain. But as the time was passing my mind was still there, so I said to God “If you need be to be awake, please give me strength to go through this because it's too much...”  

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий